Monday, July 26, 2010

SDCC 2010 Blaster


Well I think I was able to secure a SDCC 2010 Blaster, I hope, I hope. You never know with these online stores. It looked like he was sold out earlier, but now is back on? I can't see him staying long. I bought mine early on in the morning, and the site was really slow. I hope I don't have to wait too long to get him. Funny that earlier in the year I thought, hey it would be neat to have a Blaster to compliment my Soundwave, but I didn't think that would happen so soon. Soundwave gets all the love in the Transformers world. I remember how big both Soundwave and Blaster were on the playground circuit. A boombox toy in the eighties is practically the decade toy mascot.

As for Sgt. Slaughter? No go, he must have sold our really fast. Not that I was going to get one, all my money was for Blaster. But, I would have really liked the chance for Slaughter as a regular toy too sometime. The way these toy companies do exclusives is really crumby in my book. I understand giving away something special for the fan who goes to a Con, but can't that just be a special carded version, or character that has less of a pull. I would imagine it would still have value. And why does the toy company care anyway that someone gets a toy that increases so much in value. That doesn't effect the toy company's bottom line, just the buyer. I'm just glad I got a Blaster, he's the better of the two choices.

And thanks for the overwhelming response to my blatant ploy of getting a Blaster. The rampant fan following of this blog is relentless. Maybe next years Comic Con, I'll do my own exclusive giveaway.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails