Saturday, August 04, 2007

Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer


Went and saw the Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer last weekend. Hmmm. I usually like every movie I see, but this one, kind of stuuupiiid. Oh there were a few neat parts and funny scenes but the movie as a whole was eh. I think the 15 minute running time hurt it the most. There was no time for anything to develop. I question the Invisible Women's blind desire to get married, even if it means the city she and her family is in is about to get attacked. What the heck was the military thinking about letting Dr. Doom help? Did they even watch the first movie? Galactus as a cloud, I've scene a Marvel legends figures cooler than that. (All though I would like to see a V'ger versus Galactus cloud fight.) And what the heck was with that flying car?

I did like Michael Chiklis as The Thing. He does a good job looking rocky and tough-yet funny. The sharing powers by the Human Tourch was neat-o. Made a neat fight scene even if it was a stretch. And some of the Silver Surfer chases were nice, just looked about the same in the previews. The movie was worth the dollar theatre status that I saw it in. Now, back to watching the greatest movie ever; Batman and Robin.


I found The Thing and Bendy Mr Fantastic at Toys R Us yesterday. They were toys still left over from the first movie! I have yet to find a Silver Surfer toy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails