Sunday, January 07, 2007

The Greatest Toy Run Ever!!!


After reading a few blogs of rumored toy clearance sales at Walmart, I thought 'what the heck I'll give it a try'. I'm not the biggest fan of the store, kind of creeps me out, but from time to time I go inside.

And WOW I'm glad I did! I suppose the better picture would be of me as giddy as a school girl running through the store with my arms completly full of toys. Luckily the camera wasn't with me, so that embarassment never existed.

I started by roaming the usual 'cool' aisles and finding next to nothing. I did see a Unicron tank toy I was considering, but wasn't too thrilled with its non-clearance price. But something told me to keep pressing onward, maybe some sort of toy spidey sense. Then I walked pass an endcap's endcap and found the fabled G1 Transformers key chains on clearance! I lack G1 toys, so that was a thrill to find these guys. Just pop off the key chain part and walla! They are perfect fit for my G2 Optimus Prime. I bought two sets, one to play, the other to shrine with I suppose. But my luck wasn't over yet...

I hadn't found the Metallic Cast Aisle yet, but I knew it was close. At first I thought I saw Ewoks cry, then I realised I was in the center of the greatest toy find ever. I found a Cybertron Primus toy for half off! Just like the one I spent hours drawing for the blog a week ago! A very impressive toy, should calm my itch for Transformers for quite a while. Oh wait, then I saw the Millenium Falcon Transformer as well. Been wanting that too for a while. Great price as well. At that point my arms were full, and I passed on a cool Batman Batwing Lego set. Maybe in a few weeks I'll go back and retrieve it, if it still exists.

Well that was my greatest toy run ever. There were some doozies before, but this one really took the cake in great toys for extreamly insane clearance prices.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails