Saturday, March 11, 2006

Thundercats! Woof!...Doh! I mean HO!


This must be collections week. Thundercats was yet another line of toys that I seem to like and collect. I just recently aquired the S-S-Slithe mutant and the mighty Mum-Ra! My sister had a really cool Chetarah, but she was sadly decapitated when driving the Thundertank under a couch (thats C-Ouch!)((and that was Chetarah, not my sister)). I also had another Lion-o, but he as well found tradgety when his leg was over spun and fell off. The substitute Snarf straw holder was also lost. I also also had the Mutant Fist pounder. It was quite the vehicle but I must have sold it at a garage sale (Arrrrg). I almost won an ebay lot the other day for a whole bunch of stuff, but I lost (I know, sad story). Lately, Its all about Tigra. I need to add him to my collection as Safari Joe used to say. (Episode 17 or whatever that is). So what is your favorite Thundercat?

9 comments:

Mike Overall said...

Actually i never got into Thundercats...them and Voltron were okay but not by bag...are they all named after Egyptian gods or something?

Dan said...

no, its more creative than that! Like if your a lion your name coold be Lion-o. Or if you were a panther, your name could be Panthro. Or if your were a Domesticated long hair with white spots you would be called Spot. The main bad guy was the only Egyptian guy if I can remember that far. Its a pretty silly show. Check out a dvd someday. I don't know much about Voltron either.

stevesmears said...

hhmmm mike i think you might be confusing this with Yugi-OH!

Jeff Ross said...

I used to love the Thundercats cartoon! I will own the DVD sets. Oh yes, I will...someday. Maybe after I sell my spleen, or something.

I showed one of my little boys an episode we found at Blockbuster, and he was hooked! Very fun stuff.

My favorite? Hmmmm. I'm not sure...

I did always enjoy the opening title sequence.
http://www.chris3.co.uk/media/ThunderCats.mpeg

Dan said...

Cool mpeg, Jeff! I love the sound of the sword of Omens powering up!

I remember in 98 when cartoon network started reruning them and I discovered to my surprise a whole entire season I never saw where they go back to Rhundera to rebuild. what fun!

And what about Mum-Ra's gauze budget, that must be a huge Wallgreens bill every week.

Anonymous said...

thats Thundera I think i mean

Lucrezia said...

Thanks for clearing that up about me, Cheetara, and the decapitation... I too have garage sale remorse. I wish I still had my Crystal Castle. And my cool Sorceress fig. And my Cheetara, sadly decapitated while driving the Thundertank through a tunnel with low clearance...

Lucrezia said...

Oh, and Voltron? Think Power Rangers, but with lions. Same thing.

Jason said...

My favorite Thundercat would have to be Panthro and Ben-Gali a distant second.

Power Rangers is a blatant rip-off of Voltron. Except Power Rangers is a live action cheese fest.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails