Saturday, March 27, 2010

Robot vs. Panther


I have been itching to do some stop motion the last few weeks and finally found a full free Saturday to play. I set up a nice clean table, some lights (which I guess I need even more), charged some batteries, and started taking photos. I shot about 222 pictures for this short. My biggest mistake was using too high of a resolution for my pictures, as they were kind of fat. I wanted to build in Flash, but it just wasn't happening, so I moved to Photoshop, which has an okay animation feature. Just a ton of layers, and eyeballs to click on and off. I learned lots and if there is a next time, I hope to have the lights less distracting (camera capturing issue) and smoother movement. Overall lots of fun. Now I am wiped out for some reason. :)

9 comments:

Bubbashelby said...

Awesome! More please.

Jcee said...

Very cool! Can't wait to see more! I would like to try something like this when I have time.

LEon said...

impressive! What is the robot toy? I never seen it before.

CounterFett said...

Super Cool! That came out really well. Funny how much depth you can extrapolate from something as simple as a 46 second short.

Reis O'Brien said...

Bravo! Bravo! Encore!

Dan said...

Thanks all, good to have feedback from something that took most of my Saturday. LEon, the Robot is the Sledge Trooper from Xevoz, check the label, to see the others that I have collected. They are perfect for stop motion because of all the joints and they balance well.

saruman said...

yeah, awesome! And by the way Dan, I have received the mystery car as well as the other cool stuff from Idaho safely.. Thanks a lot man, and FYI, I received the package on saturday which is the same day I picked up my Kaneda's bike.. so you can imagine how happy my saturday was! :D

Mario! said...

Cool!

chunky B said...

Dan that was sweet, I especially like the part where the pallet flies toward the viewer, nice interaction.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails