Thursday, March 04, 2010
GI Joe; The Rise of Cobra, for being a bad guy Cobra Commander is not so bad.
I caved and bought a Cobra Commander. A few reasons;
1. Probably last chance, as they are starting to show thin on shelves.
2. He was reduced price.
3. I played CC in a level of GI Jo; The Rise of Cobra Nintendo DS game, and had fun.
4. He completes the set of movie figures.
5. To own one of the more silly CC versions ever.
6. Just curious if he looks any better out of the box.
7. Woke in the middle of the night thinking, why I passed him up many times.
8. Wanted a plastic Cobra pet.
9. Destro was lonely.
10. Couldn't wait for the better version from the next movie.
Surprisingly, yes he is better out of the box.
I think the most distracting feature is his silly coat. More on that later.
Those are spiffy shoes Cobra Commander!
He's no original, but he has plenty of room to evolve.
Add a blue helmet, and he is almost there. I bet they made his mask that way, as it has more texture, and is easier to film.
Yes, I recommend taking his silly jacket off, and go without. Looks more like a GI Joe figure.
And yes I tried, to pry and pry, but his clear helmet wouldn't come off.