Monday, June 29, 2009

Baroness this!

Geek Orthodox had a good post on the various failed Baroness's Hasbro has made over the years. I think this version was missed in the list, she came with those neat classic 3 figure packs with the comic book from the Valor vs. Venom times (that or she is a repaint of a different time?). The packs were a neat chance to get old Joe's with slight adjustments (brighter colors, different head sculpts, and new rubber band innards (which didn't help one of the Dreadnoks Ripper)).

Actually not a bad figure compared to some of those other Baroni.


And how about those glasses!


Wait for it...

Wait for it...

They are removable! I don't think they really work though, they are a bit foggy.


Still, they make for an interesting predicament when Destro steps on them.


Speaking of Destro, did they overdo his collar or what!

4 comments:

LEon said...

The glasses look so old. Kinda remind me of the teacher in harry potter who does the prophecy.

chunky B said...

I have this same 3 pack! How cool is that. It has three of the coolest Cobra figures made in it doesn't it?

I think I picked my up for 12 bucks at a comic shop, I didn't think it was too bad of a price, you know I don't think I ever tried taking her glasses off, huh learn something new everyday.

And you are right it was a cool way to get some vintage style figures!

Reis O'Brien said...

Good grief! She looks like she's wearing some of those novelty thick lens glasses that you'd buy at a joke shop.

This one definitely belongs on the Island of Misfit Baroness Toys.

Dan said...

chunky B- She came with a hooded Cobra Commander and a red masked Cobra soldier. It was a good pack for price. Me like the old comics on shiny paper too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails