Wednesday, November 28, 2012

G.I. Joe Steel Brigade Special Forces


I have made the mistake on passing on this Steel Brigade guy here many times. I don't recall the guy from the old show, in which all my main collecting goals come from. Then I read the back of the card...


OH, so the guy is a trooper like guy? Like the Vipers are to Cobra. If I knew that earlier, I would have bought more to troop build. On the other hand, maybe G.I. Joe shouldn't have troops and be left at individual specialized abilities (There is a long debate there) Regardless it would be fun to a have more of these (oh wait, I think I have one more in stock overflow).

This figure line has pretty much run its course out of stores by now. I still see a few at Toys R Us, and I got this from a small grocer in town, who is behind. It was funny because even the old lady at the register knew these were rare. She asked me if I was going to sell it on Amazon for $100 bucks.


SO many weapons to choose!


I was surprised, but shouldn't be, that there was a masked face under the helmet. I thought the helmet was it. Never underestimate this line. There are little grenades to even fit into the launcher, however they might fit in too far, and get stuck? I did not want to try.


So yeah, now I have a common adversary for the Viper to fight.


Top bad for Steel Brigade guy that he has a handle on his back for the Viper to grab.


If I can just find one more...

7 comments:

jboypacman said...

I keep telling myself i need to get at lest one of these.

Dan said...

yes yes keep telling :)

actionfig said...

I remember the vintage version of Steel Brigade back in the 80's being a mail-away figure.I believe they took your personal info and added it to his file card making it your own personalized figure.Something to that effect.

Dan said...

thats right! I totally remember that now, I had dreams of the figure looking exactly like me, but never sent out the flag points.

jboypacman said...

lol Dan i do but pass them up when i run across them for some reason. : D

Dan said...

probably the wiser jboy, as these are getting stupid spendy.

Colbey Hopper said...

All of the POC figured are must owns...except for that Arctic Destro!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails