Monday, June 14, 2010

GI Joe; The Rise of Cobra, XBox 360 and DS games

I am still into this movie?!?!


Believe it or not, these two games are great fun! Well, I am totally GI Joe biased, but really, these are great fun. I've played the DS version since X-mas nightly for many months straight. It reminds me of the old Guantlet games but with leveling up characters. Easy play, some what challenging levels, follows post movie, but with more Joes. It's fun to watch Polly fly around Shipwreck's shoulder. You can also drive a Mobat, HISS Tank, Armadillo, which really levels the playing field.


I just got the X-box version, before it disappears from the shelves, and I am overly pleased too. It follows the same story the DS game had, but with way better graphics. It's simple mindless fun, much like the old GI Joe arcade game. The camera awkwardly follows you around while you go on a somewhat straight path killing and blowing up stuff. Nice that the levels arn't overly complicated, and Bad guys are fairly easy to kill. Tons of action and explosions too, which is just like the GI Joe universe.

The best part is the vehicles...


Thats right, a GI styled Snowcat. I had a blast driving the thing in circles (as the controls for driving are bad), but it was still a ton of fun. I think I am getting the hang of it. The thing shots so many missiles! Somehow I righted the vehicle on its backside so I had to abandon it.


The game has a ton of Joes, all with unique weapons and abilities. There are always two Joes playing, which is nice that you're not alone out in battle. Note to self though, the Snake Eyes/Gung Ho team, not so good combo. Snakes has poor shooting, but great sword attack, but close range, and Gung Ho is just awful with his pea shooting boom stick. But other Joes work better, Heavy Duty and Duke are my go to guys usually.

The game follows post movie as well, with movie cast voice overs, dramatic music... OH YEAH, I forgot the BEST part!!! When you kill enough you get the accelerator suit power up. When you fire that up, it plays original cartoon series music in full brilliant force (He'll fight for freedom where ever there's trouble, GI Joe is there...) It sounds totally awesome on the surround sound! I wish they did that in the movie SO bad. Anyhow the game follows the M.A.S.S. device, and a little Weather Dominator panic, so its all good fun.

I totally recommend these games if you want mindless GI Joe fun.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails