Sunday, July 17, 2011

WWE Legends Sgt. Slaughter

Did I REALLY just buy a wrestling action figure? I guess I did. I have been eyeing Sgt. Slaughter for months now, thinking he might fit well with the Sigma Six GI Joe figures...

Sarge looks a little too short already, as Duke reports to duty. I guess Slaughter is going to be a stand alone figure instead. He's not too bad, and has all my normal callouts, good likeliness, good articulation, solid joints, blah blah blah. He could use a couple fake blood packets to burst over his head though. If you YouTube his Iron Sheik fights, WOW, there is a lost and bizarre era. I can understand amping your countries patriotism, but with a fake staged fight? It seems kind of small. Yet on the other hand...

The display stand is spiffy, as it holds a small card vertically with his name. I like that. But he's still too short for Duke.

Sarge, you are just not big enough to pin Duke.

Sarge is big enough to whip the 3 3/4" scale figures back to action. The team will wish they didn't eat all those mini mini doughnuts the last few years.


Brownfrown said...

He has been my favorite since gi joe the movie.
The Brownfrowns

jboypacman said...

I would love to get a hold of a G.I.Joe version of him.

Newt said...

Wrestling doesn't use fake blood. The blood is real. Especially in Slaughter's day.

I dig the push up pictures, though.


Related Posts with Thumbnails