Saturday, January 30, 2010

Battle Armor He-Man


If you watched last weeks GI Joe video, you saw that the new Matty Collector's Battle Armor He-Man made a short cameo. This is my first purchase of the Masters of the Universe collectors line for myself. The last few times I was too late, or just forgot. Ironically my first He-man figure ever was the Battle Armor version, so this one has sentimental value all over it. Now I just need to pick up a Battle Armor Skeletor.

Like everyone I have mixed reviews on how Mattel is handling this line. Why on Eternia are their quantities so low is beyond me. Some one needs to show Mattel how Capitalism is supposed to work. Like Jerry Seinfeld says about cars and limited editons, "Limited to the number they sell!" Also wonder why they don't just limit one or at most two per person with those low numbers. On the other hand, its kind of fun seeing what you can get, and it looks like reissues keep coming back. If they keep this up for twenty years, one might be able to collect them all. I am just waiting for them to also drop the size to 3 3/4" figures after you buy all the large sized versions.

I can't decide if i should open this or not. Keep the value, or play the heck out of it. They are a little spendy for play, and believe me I have plenty of other toys to play with. I might just wait until I pick up a few villains for him to fight before deciding. I wish the packaging were made so that you could take him out without destroying it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails