Thursday, March 13, 2008

Big Wooden Horse


I got to go on my first official business trip this week to Las Vegas. And like all businessmen in Las Vegas I went to FAO Schwarz toy store in Caesars Palace. I forgot to take a picture, but this is how I remembered the entrance (with the help of someone who did take a picture, and then me tracing over it). Lots of strange and unique toys there, but nothing of my normal fancy. If I had baggage space, I might have sprung for the Star Wars Empire Round table from the first Death Star and the funny haircut who gets chocked guy. They also had that Lego Death Star, that I plan to get someday, build, and throw down the parents stairs. But that was it for Star Wars, kind of bummed about that.

The store had a plentiful supply of Monopoly games and various versions, after looking at them, I tripped over the floor piano, but rebounded nicely. A few people gasped near by, thinking I was going to fall onto the floor piano. That would have been great, to trip and fall, then to make music while your down. It would be even greater to play that 'wah wah wah- wahahahah...' theme that plays after most cartoons or muppets take a dive.

Suprisingly after all those years of wanting to see that store, I didn't buy anything for myself. I did find a Playmoble Biker guy, for a friend at work. So I didn't go empty handed. It was more of the experience that I will treasure forever.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails