Thursday, March 22, 2007

I played the heck out of Paper Mario: The Thousand -Year door


After over 50 plus hours, and many cans of Pepsi, I completed that darn Game Cube game PMtTYD! Whew! I can now sleep at night.

Not a very hard game, just one of those time consuming things. I originally bought it in July thinking it was going to be just like the original Mario Brothers games, 2d and jumping on things and collecting coins etc. Turned out it was one of those 'talking' games, with lots of 'talking' and 'puzzels' and 'resting' and 'turns.' Sort of like a Pokemon game or a Final Fantasy game I suppose. The battles had Mario with a hammer on a stage vs his opponents. I was bummed about that at first. Just for the sake of getting my 20$ worth, I played the first level... er chapter. I ended up having more fun than I expected, but still put the game away for a month or so.

Then in October or so when things started getting cold outside, I played through chapter 2. Probably my favorite level, had lots of little 'Punni' bird like creatures. They were funny looking and the level was dark and forestry pretty. Anything with large trees amuses me anyways. But I put the game down again, due to its lengthy ways.

January came along, it's a very boring dark month indeed, so I once again loaded up the game. Chapter 3 I think it was had an arena setting and involved lots of battles with Mario. Probably the longest level, 20 fights + more to accomplish all the objectives. And after all that work, I figured I better plow through the rest of the game.

And so I did. Chapters four, five and six, in the next month, and then finally in March the last few fights. I was really really really lucky on the final battle. I probalby didn't have enought health points yet to even tackle the biggest fights in the end, but due to a few extremly lucky slot machine rolls (recovers your health) I was able to win with only 2 out of 70 life points. Of course some good old fashioned Strategery in battle as well. The ending seemed as long as the ending in Return of the King... It just kept going and going and going. But worth it in the end. I like whole the main villian can't make a come back because he is 'just a head' now thing.

The only thing I didn't accomplish yet is getting to the bottom of the pipe hole challenge thingy under Rougeport. I got to level 70 out of 100. It takes about 2 hours of battling to get to 70, so I escaped back up the the top to reheal. I should load up, and see what the heck is at the bottom. But that's probably three hours of fun. Maybe on a back on the wagon day.

Other than that, I am now free to be normal again. Yeeeeeaaaaaah.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails